Monetization on Yioop
Yioop supports keyword advertising and charging credits to join discussion groups! Advertising Rates can be as a low as pennies/keyword/day of display. Below is a description of how to sign up for advertising on Yioop.com and beneath this are the Terms and Conditions
that Yioop advertisements and group fees are subject to. To advertise or charge fees for groups on Yioop.com, read the instruction for managing credits below, then read the instructions for either advertising or charging group fees:
- If you haven't already done so, Create an Account.
- Sign in to your account.
- Click on Manage Credits. You should see a screen like:
- To use the advertisement system or join groups with fees, one first purchases a block of credits using the Purchase Credits form. One ad credit costs 0.01 USD. Once purchased, one can spend credits under Manage Advertisements on keyword advertisements or you can spend credits to join groups that have a credit fee on Yioop.
- Clicking on the [?] next to Purchase Credits reveals an integrated help screen which
describes what each of the fields in purchasing an ad credit is for.
- Credit Card Purchase of ad credits is done using Stripe.com in US dollars. Stripe is a well-known credit-card payment processor trusted by many companies. The Stripe web-site handles your credit card details. Yioop itself does not receive or store your credit card information. Your card will be charged when you click the Purchase button .
- Recent ad credit transactions will show below the Ad Credit form on this page.
- The Manage Advertisement page has a form that looks like:
- This forms lets a user create an advertisement. Again, clicking on the [?] next to Purchase Ad Listings reveals an integrated help screen which describes what each of the fields in purchasing an ad is for.
- Below the Purchase Ad Listing form is an Advertisement List which lets a user view and manipulate existing ads.
Charging a Fee for a Group
- To create a group on Yioop that requires a fee to join, first go to Manage Groups and enter
the name of your new group on the Add Group form:
- If the group is available, you will be taken to a form to create the group.
- Use the Register drop down to select the number of credits to register for the group
- If you later decide to change this fee, you can edit your group settings under Manage Groups by clicking on the Edit link for the group's settings.
Terms and Conditions
These terms of service ("terms") are entered to by Seekquarry LLC ("Seekquarry") and the entity executing these terms or that accepts these terms electronically ("Customer"). These terms govern the Customer's participation in the keyword advertising services and charging credits for groups service for the accounts given by Seekquarry to the Customer on the yioop.com domain / Yioop website in connection with these terms ("Yioop Monetization Services"). These terms may be updated without notification to the Customer, however, the terms that apply to a given ad listing purchase, are the terms as they existed at the moment of purchase.
A current version of these terms will be available any time at
By making use of Yioop Monetization Services the Customer accepts and agrees to be bound by the terms and provisions of this Terms of Service agreement as well as the general Yioop Services Terms of Service Agreement
. In consideration of the above, Seekquarry LLC and the Customer agree that:
Description of Monetization Services
Yioop.com is developed using code from Seekquarry.com
. In particular,
it uses Seekquarry's keyword advertising and group credit fee solution. The Seekquarry site has a detailed description of how Yioop's keyword advertising works
, including ad credit purchase, bid mechanics, and how ads are displayed based on bid amounts. In the Charging a Fee for a Group
above, how to charge credits to join a group is described. When a Customer purchases an ad listing using credits on Yioop.com, it is "active" from the midnight (Pacific Standard Time) that started the day of purchase for the number of days selected in the Campaign Duration field of the purchased ad listing. A purchased ad listing constitutes an opportunity for the Customer's ad to be displayed on a search results page for one of the keywords listed while the ad listing is active. Seekquarry through the Yioop website provides the Customer with information about how many times the Customer's ad was served and how many times the Customer's ad was clicked while the Customer's ad campaign is active. Seekquarry makes no guarantees that the Customer's ad will be served or that it will be clicked on during this time frame. The likelihood of either event is contingent on many factors such as the popularity of the keywords chosen as well as how well the Customer wrote their ad.
Ad Cancellation, Group Demonetization
Ad listings go into effect from the time of purchase. While an ad listing is active, either party may choose to deactivate/suspend its display through the Yioop user interface. Similarly, either party may choose to cease charging credits for a group.
If the Customer deactivates their own ad, stops charging credits for their group or if Seekquarry suspends a Customer's ad or stops charging credit for a group for a violation of these terms, the Customer agrees not to seek a refund/compensation for the remaining active portion of their ad listing or loss of credits to their group. If, on the other hand, Seekquarry suspends an ad for a reason other than a violation of these terms, the Customer may request a refund in ad credits for the remaining portion of their ad listing provided a request via email to email@example.com, Seekquarry LLC representative, is made within 30 days of the ad suspension.
The Customer will pay all charges incurred in connection with an ad credit purchase at the time of that purchase via a Seekquarry approved mechanism. Currently, payment processing is done via
. Charges for a particular ad credit purchase are based on the Quantity of credits selected and their price in US dollars as entered by the Customer on the Yioop Purchase Credits Form. Any portion of a charge not disputed in good faith within 30 days of the charge must be paid in full. Disputes on charges need to be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, Seekquarry LLC representative. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, CUSTOMER WAIVES ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO ANY AD CREDITS CHARGES UNLESS A CLAIM IS MADE WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE DATE OF PURCHASE. The Customer acknowledges that as Stripe.com is the payment processor, any credit card and related billing and payment information provided by the Customer might be used by Stripe.com or companies that work on Stripe.com's behalf to provide credit checks, effect payments, or collect debts.