2017-03-21

Building front-end.

Hi Chris,

I'm good with Wordpress and would like to attempt a front end with Wordpress, while providing the Yioop search bar / results from the Wordpress hosted website.

I have gone through your documentation to try and get my head around the options available, but none of them seem appropriate for this model ie. if using RSS I believe I would lose the search bar functionality which completes searches while typing.

As the developer I'm hoping to receive a recommendation from yourself as to the best way to do it.

As to the reasons for this, with Wordpress wrapping Yioop I can do AMP, native mobile apps (wrapped into other mobile apps), ads, etc. I know some of this is provided in Yioop, but Wordpress can provide something more, taking search results provided by Yioop to the next level.
(Edited: 2017-03-21)
Hi Chris,<br><br> I'm good with Wordpress and would like to attempt a front end with Wordpress, while providing the Yioop search bar / results from the Wordpress hosted website.<br><br> I have gone through your documentation to try and get my head around the options available, but none of them seem appropriate for this model ie. if using RSS I believe I would lose the search bar functionality which completes searches while typing.<br><br> As the developer I'm hoping to receive a recommendation from yourself as to the best way to do it.<br><br> As to the reasons for this, with Wordpress wrapping Yioop I can do AMP, native mobile apps (wrapped into other mobile apps), ads, etc. I know some of this is provided in Yioop, but Wordpress can provide something more, taking search results provided by Yioop to the next level.
2017-03-23

-- Building front-end
I have never written a Wordpress plugin myself, so I can't comment too much on Wordpress. If in writing such a plugin you had a form, that when submitted actually does an XHR to the Yioop instance, you could tack on f=json&callback= to the query string. The search results would then be returned as JSON wrapped within a Javascript callback function of your choice. This callback could then be coded to display the results within the tag of your choice, formatted as you like.
I have never written a Wordpress plugin myself, so I can't comment too much on Wordpress. If in writing such a plugin you had a form, that when submitted actually does an XHR to the Yioop instance, you could tack on f=json&callback= to the query string. The search results would then be returned as JSON wrapped within a Javascript callback function of your choice. This callback could then be coded to display the results within the tag of your choice, formatted as you like.
X