2017-06-29

State Extradition.

Hello, Chris. Tell me how to implement the issuance of a user from a specific state. If I want to order a pizza in California, what should I do to be shown sites only from California, and other states are not shown?
Hello, Chris. Tell me how to implement the issuance of a user from a specific state. If I want to order a pizza in California, what should I do to be shown sites only from California, and other states are not shown?
2017-07-03

-- State Extradition
Currently, direct geo-fencing is not implemented in Yioop. To implement it, you could write code for Yioop that as you crawled made use of IP information to tag pages with a geographic region. To make this a little more sophisticated you could take into account some on page factors. Then when a query came in you could use the remote ip and/or location info coming from the user to add a meta keyword to the query based on the current location.
For a site like findcan.ca, I restricted the crawl to pages that only seemed to contain Canadian content. I did this in two ways: I only allowed sites that were from hosts or domains I whitelisted as Canadian, and for sites like wikipedia and others, I looked for certain words on the page using the Word Plugin which can be found under page options.
Hope this helps, Chris
Currently, direct geo-fencing is not implemented in Yioop. To implement it, you could write code for Yioop that as you crawled made use of IP information to tag pages with a geographic region. To make this a little more sophisticated you could take into account some on page factors. Then when a query came in you could use the remote ip and/or location info coming from the user to add a meta keyword to the query based on the current location. For a site like findcan.ca, I restricted the crawl to pages that only seemed to contain Canadian content. I did this in two ways: I only allowed sites that were from hosts or domains I whitelisted as Canadian, and for sites like wikipedia and others, I looked for certain words on the page using the Word Plugin which can be found under page options. Hope this helps, Chris
X