2018-11-18

popen, pclose & exec().

Hello! My name is Christine and I have just installed YIOOP on my web server. Everything went according to plan until I was to index search result within the settings. I get a red colored line in "configure" that says "popen, pclose and exec ()" are missing! I have gone through every single line of code and for sure there are not to be found in either one of packages. I have found several started threads about this issue but no real answer! I've asked my webhost if the issue is with them (as I found one answer pointing to webhosts close this option by default). They told me "nei, the functions in the script seem to be missing"! Naturally this makes me confused - how to enable YIOOP I myself nor technical support can solve it? I leave my hope to you here and sincerely wish you can help me solve this!
Hello! My name is Christine and I have just installed YIOOP on my web server. Everything went according to plan until I was to index search result within the settings. I get a red colored line in "configure" that says "popen, pclose and exec ()" are missing! I have gone through every single line of code and for sure there are not to be found in either one of packages. I have found several started threads about this issue but no real answer! I've asked my webhost if the issue is with them (as I found one answer pointing to webhosts close this option by default). They told me "nei, the functions in the script seem to be missing"! Naturally this makes me confused - how to enable YIOOP I myself nor technical support can solve it? I leave my hope to you here and sincerely wish you can help me solve this!

-- popen, pclose & exec()
Hi Christine,
popen, pclose are PHP functions used by my script to launch the queue server and fetcher processes. They are called in src/library/CrawlDaemon.php . You only need them at crawl time not search time. So if you crawl on your laptop (where you can make sure you have them) and move the index to your installation on your hosting site, you will still be able to serve query results. Hope this helps.
Chris
(Edited: 2018-11-18)
Hi Christine, popen, pclose are PHP functions used by my script to launch the queue server and fetcher processes. They are called in src/library/CrawlDaemon.php . You only need them at crawl time not search time. So if you crawl on your laptop (where you can make sure you have them) and move the index to your installation on your hosting site, you will still be able to serve query results. Hope this helps. Chris

-- popen, pclose & exec()
Thank you so much! *Thumbs up*
Thank you so much! *Thumbs up*
X