2014-12-11

Updating posts.

Yesterday, a couple people were complaining that they were having difficulties updating their own posts in the discussion board. I think I fixed these issues. If someone is bored, they can try to update one of their posts and see if its working now. Also, I am trying to cut down the number of bugs in my software. So if you see something, that seems like its not working or could work better let me know.
Best, Chris
Yesterday, a couple people were complaining that they were having difficulties updating their own posts in the discussion board. I think I fixed these issues. If someone is bored, they can try to update one of their posts and see if its working now. Also, I am trying to cut down the number of bugs in my software. So if you see something, that seems like its not working or could work better let me know. Best, Chris

-- Updating posts
Editing seemed to work on my post. I know in the past this did not work but all seems fixed. Another bug I have run into is that posts do not always process blank lines correctly. For example in Chrome for the PC, if I post with multiple blank lines between paragraphs, all the blank lines are ignored except for the one that made it a separate paragraph.
Example: I have 7 blank lines above this between this paragraph and the previous one, but the forum puts it immediately after my previous paragraph.
Editing seemed to work on my post. I know in the past this did not work but all seems fixed. Another bug I have run into is that posts do not always process blank lines correctly. For example in Chrome for the PC, if I post with multiple blank lines between paragraphs, all the blank lines are ignored except for the one that made it a separate paragraph. '''Example:''' I have 7 blank lines above this between this paragraph and the previous one, but the forum puts it immediately after my previous paragraph.

-- Updating posts
Another thing that would be helpful is if a post was edited that it listed it as edited. Otherwise, there can be phantom edits. However, you could argue this is more a feature than a bug.
Another thing that would be helpful is if a post was edited that it listed it as edited. Otherwise, there can be phantom edits. However, you could argue this is more a feature than a bug.

-- Updating posts
Hey Zayd,
In wiki syntax two blank lines are treated as a paragraph marker and more than that are ignored. If you want to force multiple blank lines, you can put lines with spaces on them. I agree for someone who does not know wiki markup (most people) this would be confusing. I'll try to think about how to handle this better. The phantom edits suggestion is good and probably requires less thought on my part, so I'll take a stab at implementing it first. Thanks for your suggestions.
Best,
Chris
Hey Zayd, In wiki syntax two blank lines are treated as a paragraph marker and more than that are ignored. If you want to force multiple blank lines, you can put lines with spaces on them. I agree for someone who does not know wiki markup (most people) this would be confusing. I'll try to think about how to handle this better. The phantom edits suggestion is good and probably requires less thought on my part, so I'll take a stab at implementing it first. Thanks for your suggestions. Best, Chris
2014-12-13

-- Updating posts
Posts or comments that are edited will indicate the last edited time. BTW, this comment was edited.
(Edited: 2014-12-13)
Posts or comments that are edited will indicate the last edited time. BTW, this comment was edited.

-- Updating posts
Thank you Dr. Pollett.
Thank you Dr. Pollett.

-- Updating posts
I saw another bug in my latest post on Ontologies. Since the link has a "|" in it, it does not appear the message board is able to correctly parse it rendering the link cut off. When I posted the Yioop link with the pipe into Google Talk, it also had trouble parsing it so I think this may not be limited to the forums. Another solution may be to not use the pipe in links for the forums.
(Edited: 2014-12-14)
I saw another bug in my latest post on Ontologies. Since the link has a "|" in it, it does not appear the message board is able to correctly parse it rendering the link cut off. When I posted the Yioop link with the pipe into Google Talk, it also had trouble parsing it so I think this may not be limited to the forums. Another solution may be to not use the pipe in links for the forums.
2014-12-16

-- Updating posts
That one's tricky as vertical bars are used as part of the wiki link syntax. In this case, the vertical bar appeared because you were trying to add a link within this site and included the anti-csrf token. I modified the link in your post so it doesn't have that token, and so, doesn't use the vertical bar. I will come up with a better more general solution during the break. Thanks for pointing out the bug.
That one's tricky as vertical bars are used as part of the wiki link syntax. In this case, the vertical bar appeared because you were trying to add a link within this site and included the anti-csrf token. I modified the link in your post so it doesn't have that token, and so, doesn't use the vertical bar. I will come up with a better more general solution during the break. Thanks for pointing out the bug.
X