2015-05-08

Problem 2 HW 5.

Professor I am bit confused with the layout given with this question.
Are we to go blindly as a computer when solving for squares 1,3 and 3,1? Because since sqaure 2,2 is not a pit then 1,3 and 3,1 are pits 100% pits, albeit i am not sure how to express that with the probability model that we were shown.
Also the fact the square 2,2 is B,S means one square is a pit and one square is a wumpus, can we safely assume that a wumpus will not be in a pit?
But if we deduct all of this logically then the agent will die no matter what. I am a bit lost as well as how to incorporate a wumpus in our model. Do we only calculate him when working with squares 2,3 and 3,2? and not in other squares eg: P13 = (.2(x),.8(y) (not using the wumpus in any square) P13 = (.2(x),.0625(y),.7375(z))
Its hard to explain just by text so if there is anything i didnt explain please let me know to clarify further.
Professor I am bit confused with the layout given with this question. Are we to go blindly as a computer when solving for squares 1,3 and 3,1? Because since sqaure 2,2 is not a pit then 1,3 and 3,1 are pits 100% pits, albeit i am not sure how to express that with the probability model that we were shown. Also the fact the square 2,2 is B,S means one square is a pit and one square is a wumpus, can we safely assume that a wumpus will not be in a pit? But if we deduct all of this logically then the agent will die no matter what. I am a bit lost as well as how to incorporate a wumpus in our model. Do we only calculate him when working with squares 2,3 and 3,2? and not in other squares eg: P13 = (.2(x),.8(y) (not using the wumpus in any square) P13 = (.2(x),.0625(y),.7375(z)) Its hard to explain just by text so if there is anything i didnt explain please let me know to clarify further.

-- Problem 2 HW 5
Hey Enrique,
Pits and Wumpuses can be in the same room. For 1,3 and 3,1, you should derive using probability what would be true using just a logical argument. You should justify how a program could decide that we wouldn't need to consider the Wumpus for 1,3 and 3,1, if you don't consider the wumpus for those squares.
Best, Chris
Hey Enrique, Pits and Wumpuses can be in the same room. For 1,3 and 3,1, you should derive using probability what would be true using just a logical argument. You should justify how a program could decide that we wouldn't need to consider the Wumpus for 1,3 and 3,1, if you don't consider the wumpus for those squares. Best, Chris
X