2012-06-22

MOD: shorten the results titles and URLs.

Originally Posted By: andrea_ai
I thought to shorten a bit the titles and the URLs of the results, as sometimes they are so long the go on two or more lines... I also decided to cut off HTTP :// and the ending /, and to strip out everything else but the URLs (url|, |text|, and the repeated URL).
I was there, so I put RANK REL PROX SCORE on another line - because I didn't like them to be so close to the URL; now it seems more clean to me.

Here you can see the differences (side by side) with the same search term:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-z_9K6-f4104/T-S5j7gH3II/AAAAAAAAAW4/qCC3j0SxDEk/s1800/Yioop%2520impreved%2520layout.JPG

If someone is interested in the code - and want to improve my poorly coded PHP - let me know.

Andrea
'''Originally Posted By: andrea_ai''' I thought to shorten a bit the titles and the URLs of the results, as sometimes they are so long the go on two or more lines... I also decided to cut off HTTP :// and the ending /, and to strip out everything else but the URLs (url|, |text|, and the repeated URL).<br>I was there, so I put RANK REL PROX SCORE on another line - because I didn't like them to be so close to the URL; now it seems more clean to me.<br><br>Here you can see the differences (side by side) with the same search term:<br>https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-z_9K6-f4104/T-S5j7gH3II/AAAAAAAAAW4/qCC3j0SxDEk/s1800/Yioop%2520impreved%2520layout.JPG<br><br>If someone is interested in the code - and want to improve my poorly coded PHP - let me know.<br><br>Andrea
2012-06-24

-- MOD: shorten the results titles and URLs
I agree the result looks cleaner. I think it would be cool for result items that just came from links to still retain some of the information that was present on the original version but not on the second. I am thinking maybe something like a "Link Info" link to take the place of a "Cache" link but containing that information.

Best,
Chris
I agree the result looks cleaner. I think it would be cool for result items that just came from links to still retain some of the information that was present on the original version but not on the second. I am thinking maybe something like a &quot;Link Info&quot; link to take the place of a &quot;Cache&quot; link but containing that information.<br><br>Best,<br>Chris
2013-05-13

Originally Posted By: AMfree
pls can you give me the code that did the modification? thanks in advance
'''Originally Posted By: AMfree''' pls can you give me the code that did the modification? thanks in advance
2013-05-15

Which version of Yioop are you using? Code that produces URLs similar to the picture has been in Yioop
for almost a year.

Best,
Chris
Which version of Yioop are you using? Code that produces URLs similar to the picture has been in Yioop<br>for almost a year.<br><br>Best,<br>Chris
X