2020-05-10

User Icon

Crawl doesn't work.

I've installed Yioop 6.04 under Xampp linux 7.4.3 (Ubuntu 18.04). After set up basic options as documentation says, I try crawling the Wikipedia site without any success. Tables Mysql are created well, queue server and fecther start ok nevertheless, no changes appear in crawl screen, even after many minutes. Besides, no log files are in Log folder. My system has all requeriments and I've reinstall twice with the same result. I show you some screens. I've read the forum help and I didn't find any solution. I'd like some help.
Hi Chris ((resource:1.png|Resource Description for 1.png)) ((resource:2.png|Resource Description for 2.png)) ((resource:3.png|Resource Description for 3.png)) ((resource:4.png|Resource Description for 4.png)) I've installed Yioop 6.04 under Xampp linux 7.4.3 (Ubuntu 18.04). After set up basic options as documentation says, I try crawling the Wikipedia site without any success. Tables Mysql are created well, queue server and fecther start ok nevertheless, no changes appear in crawl screen, even after many minutes. Besides, no log files are in Log folder. My system has all requeriments and I've reinstall twice with the same result. I show you some screens. I've read the forum help and I didn't find any solution. I'd like some help.

-- Crawl doesn't work
The fact that there are no log messages indicates to me there is some kind of problem with starting the fetcher and queue server processes. Can you give a screenshot of the Configure activity? Also, do a
 ps uax |grep php
from the command line. That will confirm if the Fetcher and QueueServer actually started or not. Look in /var/log/php and /var/log/apache2 at the error.log s to see if there are any relevant messages.
Best, Chris
The fact that there are no log messages indicates to me there is some kind of problem with starting the fetcher and queue server processes. Can you give a screenshot of the Configure activity? Also, do a ps uax |grep php from the command line. That will confirm if the Fetcher and QueueServer actually started or not. Look in /var/log/php and /var/log/apache2 at the error.log s to see if there are any relevant messages. Best, Chris

User Icon
-- Crawl doesn't work
According to your ask for some information, I send these screens shots. The file LocalConfig.php doesn't exist. Thanks in advance
Resource Description for 5.png Resource Description for 6.png Resource Description for 7.png Resource Description for 8.png Resource Description for 9.png
According to your ask for some information, I send these screens shots. The file LocalConfig.php doesn't exist. Thanks in advance ((resource:5.png|Resource Description for 5.png)) ((resource:6.png|Resource Description for 6.png)) ((resource:7.png|Resource Description for 7.png)) ((resource:8.png|Resource Description for 8.png)) ((resource:9.png|Resource Description for 9.png))
2020-05-16

-- Crawl doesn't work
Seems hard to believe php would give a parse error at a particular line in a file that doesn't exist. Further that file is a file you might make for a yioop installation, but that yioop doesn't come with by default. My guess though is that is your problem, if you can locate that file.
Best,
Chris
(Edited: 2020-05-16)
Seems hard to believe php would give a parse error at a particular line in a file that doesn't exist. Further that file is a file you might make for a yioop installation, but that yioop doesn't come with by default. My guess though is that is your problem, if you can locate that file. Best, Chris
2020-05-19

User Icon
-- Crawl doesn't work
Hi Chris. I suppose the LocalConfig.php file gave that problem because I did some proves with my server ssl. Therefore, I've reinstalled all again. Indexing doesn't work and all go on in the same way. Honestly, I don't know what to do. My knowledge about search engines is pretty short. Here you are the last screenshots. Regards Resource Description for 8.png Resource Description for 9.png Resource Description for 10.png Resource Description for 11.png
Hi Chris. I suppose the LocalConfig.php file gave that problem because I did some proves with my server ssl. Therefore, I've reinstalled all again. Indexing doesn't work and all go on in the same way. Honestly, I don't know what to do. My knowledge about search engines is pretty short. Here you are the last screenshots. Regards ((resource:8.png|Resource Description for 8.png)) ((resource:9.png|Resource Description for 9.png)) ((resource:10.png|Resource Description for 10.png)) ((resource:11.png|Resource Description for 11.png))
2020-06-12

-- Crawl doesn't work
Hi,
I am trying to get a new version of Yioop ready soon. Some issues in your screenshots look like they are caused by your version of PHP being too new for version 6.0.4 of Yioop. The next version of Yioop should work with the latest version of PHP and will be out in a week or two (before June is over).
Best,
Chris
(Edited: 2020-06-17)
Hi, I am trying to get a new version of Yioop ready soon. Some issues in your screenshots look like they are caused by your version of PHP being too new for version 6.0.4 of Yioop. The next version of Yioop should work with the latest version of PHP and will be out in a week or two (before June is over). Best, Chris
X