2020-10-03

Homework 2 Questions & Answers.

I emailed the professor with some questions and I'm guessing some of you guys might have the same questions:

1. Do our activities have to exactly match those given in the homework or can we have more functions than are specified? And must these activities, like "goUrl", "edit", "confirm" be named exactly the same?
    A: You should follow the names for all of the functions mentioned in the description. You can have additional functions.
  2. Does the order of the arguments in the url matter? For example, localhost/index.php?a=xxx&arg1=xxx compared to localhost/index.php?arg1=xxx&a=xxx .
    A: Your program should not be sensitive to the order of the arguments. As long as you have the arguments listed in the HW description in any links you produce that should be fine. You can assume the grader will test using the order as described in the homework.
  3. I remember vaguely that you mentioned cookies would need to be used in this homework but my partner and I looked over the contents and were not sure where to implement it, if at all. Could you give us some guidance?
    A: I don’t remember saying cookies would be needed for this homework. I did say you will need to use HTTP location headers.
(Edited: 2020-10-03)
I emailed the professor with some questions and I'm guessing some of you guys might have the same questions: ---- # Do our activities have to exactly match those given in the homework or can we have more functions than are specified? And must these activities, like "goUrl", "edit", "confirm" be named exactly the same?<br> A: You should follow the names for all of the functions mentioned in the description. You can have additional functions. # Does the order of the arguments in the url matter? For example, '''localhost/index.php?a=xxx&arg1=xxx''' compared to '''localhost/index.php?arg1=xxx&a=xxx'''.<br> A: Your program should not be sensitive to the order of the arguments. As long as you have the arguments listed in the HW description in any links you produce that should be fine. You can assume the grader will test using the order as described in the homework. #I remember vaguely that you mentioned cookies would need to be used in this homework but my partner and I looked over the contents and were not sure where to implement it, if at all. Could you give us some guidance? <br> A: I don’t remember saying cookies would be needed for this homework. I did say you will need to use HTTP location headers.
2020-10-04

-- Homework 2 Questions & Answers
Q: For the homework do we need to use "arg1=blah&arg2=blahblah" or can we give them different names like "bookmarkName=blah&link=blahblah"? A: Use the names I gave.
Q: For the homework do we need to use "arg1=blah&arg2=blahblah" or can we give them different names like "bookmarkName=blah&link=blahblah"? A: Use the names I gave.
X