2021-02-20

HW 1 Q&A.

Hi all, I emailed Professor Pollett with some questions regarding HW 1 and he suggested I post the Q&A here, in case others had the same questions:

Q. Do you have an example of the output you are looking for when we use openssl to retrieve the landing page of a website? I am following the example you showed in class a while ago, but I would like to be certain that what I am doing is what you're looking for.

A. "The easiest way to check your answer is: look at the network traffic of your browser in developer mode when you download the page (focus only on the entry for the page itself, not auxiliary files). Then compare this to what you get when you download the page using openssl."

Q. For HW 1 part 3, you have a requirement as follows: "Each page should at least once constructively use the following tags: <ul>, <table>, <span>. You can use the span tag for example to give a tooltip for some item on the page."

To clarify, does this mean every page in our adventure must use all three of these tags? That is how I understood it, but now I'm thinking that doesn't make much sense to me for ending pages, where not much will be happening other than a conclusion to that path of the story. I think most attempts to include those 3 tags in a simple page (such as a concluding page) will not be meaningful.

A. "Yes. Be creative. There are lots of things you can use those tags for even on a Conclusion page. For example, you might have a list of achievements, etc."
(Edited: 2021-02-20)
Hi all, I emailed Professor Pollett with some questions regarding HW 1 and he suggested I post the Q&A here, in case others had the same questions: <br> Q. Do you have an example of the output you are looking for when we use openssl to retrieve the landing page of a website? I am following the example you showed in class a while ago, but I would like to be certain that what I am doing is what you're looking for. <br> A. "The easiest way to check your answer is: look at the network traffic of your browser in developer mode when you download the page (focus only on the entry for the page itself, not auxiliary files). Then compare this to what you get when you download the page using openssl." <br> Q. For HW 1 part 3, you have a requirement as follows: "Each page should at least once constructively use the following tags: <ul>, <table>, <span>. You can use the span tag for example to give a tooltip for some item on the page." <br> To clarify, does this mean every page in our adventure must use all three of these tags? That is how I understood it, but now I'm thinking that doesn't make much sense to me for ending pages, where not much will be happening other than a conclusion to that path of the story. I think most attempts to include those 3 tags in a simple page (such as a concluding page) will not be meaningful. <br> A. "Yes. Be creative. There are lots of things you can use those tags for even on a Conclusion page. For example, you might have a list of achievements, etc."
2021-02-22

-- HW 1 Q&A
Ah thanks this helps
Ah thanks this helps
X