2016-05-16

Final Question 1.

BY Michael Singh, Stephen Sing, Deepika Pathinga Q: Write a short Javascript function which takes an id of a div tag as argument and adds a select dropdown to the inner html of this tag with 101 items: Select a Page, 00.html, 01.html, 02.html, 03.html... such that when an item other than the Select a Page is chosen the browser goes to that page. A: function addSelect(div) {
    var select = document.createElement('select');
    var selectHTML = "";
    selectHTML="";
    selectHTML += '<option selected value="">Pick a Page</option>';
    var i;
    for(i = 0; i < 101; i++) {
       var j ="";
       if(i < 10){
       j="0";
       }
        selectHTML += '<option value="' +j+i+'.html' + '">' + j+i + ".html</option>";
    }
    selectHTML += "";
    select.innerHTML = selectHTML;
    select.onchange = function() {document.location.href=this.value;};
    document.getElementById(div).appendChild(select);
} Tested and it works.
(Edited: 2016-05-16)
BY Michael Singh, Stephen Sing, Deepika Pathinga Q: Write a short Javascript function which takes an id of a div tag as argument and adds a select dropdown to the inner html of this tag with 101 items: Select a Page, 00.html, 01.html, 02.html, 03.html... such that when an item other than the Select a Page is chosen the browser goes to that page. A: function addSelect(div) { var select = document.createElement('select'); var selectHTML = ""; selectHTML=""; selectHTML += '<option selected value="">Pick a Page</option>'; var i; for(i = 0; i < 101; i++) { var j =""; if(i < 10){ j="0"; } selectHTML += '<option value="' +j+i+'.html' + '">' + j+i + ".html</option>"; } selectHTML += ""; select.innerHTML = selectHTML; select.onchange = function() {document.location.href=this.value;}; document.getElementById(div).appendChild(select); } Tested and it works.
X